[FF_Announce] New Programme and Saturday Dance

Friday Folk info at fridayfolk.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 15:23:03 BST 2018

Dear dancer,

Please see details of our new programme and our Saturday dance on 21
April. I hope you can come along.

Regards, Bob Barrett, Friday Folk

New Programme
-------------
Our summer programme starts today at Marlborough Road.

6 Apr	Mike Bennett and Friday Folk Band
13 Apr	David & Rebecca Capron and Spring Greens
20 Apr	Suzanne Farmer
21 Apr	Saturday Special at Samuel Ryder Academy with Charlotte Rich and
Caperbility
27 Apr	Dave Parsons
4 May	Ivan Aitken and FF Band
11 May	Club Callers
18 May	Bob Lilley
25 May	Closed
1 Jun	Brenda Godrich and FF Band
8 Jun	Patricia Donnithorne
15 Jun	Beginners' night with Bob Barrett
22 Jun	Ian Edlin and Spring Greens
29 Jun	Cajun with Madeleine and Tim
6 Jul	Colin Hume and FF Band
13 Jul	Louise Siddons (USA)
20 Jul	Bob Barrett
27 Jul	Garden Dance with Spring Greens (phone for details)
17 Aug	Evening BBQ (phone for details)

To add these events automatically to your diary and receive regular
updates, you can subscribe to our iCalendar feed here.

https://fridayfolk.org.uk/ffprog.ics

Saturday 21 April - Saturday Dance with Charlotte Rich and Caperbility
The dance features some exciting new talent for what promises to be a
lively evening.

Charlotte Rich, the caller, is based in the West Midlands and has a wide
experience in calling for ceildhs, contra, and Playford dances. For this
dance she will be adding an American flavour and assures us of a
fun-packed evening.

Caperbility is the latest line-up of Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer. Vicki
and Jonny effortlessly blend traditional material with contemporary
sounds. Their performances include new interpretations of old melodies
alongside original tunes and contemporary material. They are at home
with any musical style - ceilidh, contra, Playford, barndance and polska.

All are welcome, including beginners. Tickets are £9 on the door. At
Samuel Ryder Academy, Drakes Drive, St Albans,  AL1 5AR. Saturday 21
April 2018 from 19:30 to 23:00. Details: Bob 01727 856508